More tragic news coming out of Colorado, a 13-year-old girl was electrocuted last night while working on an irrigation system just north of Fort Collins.

According to The Coloradoan, 13-year-old Kelsey Graves was dropped off by a family member to help clean part of a filter on an irrigation system near Ted’s Place north of town. The family member returned to find her unconscious and started performing CPR on the girl.

Medical responders arrived and had no luck resuscitating the girl and she was pronounced deceased on the scene due to accidental electrocution.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to this girl’s family and friends. I only wish there was something I could say or do that would lessen the pain they must be feeling.

Rest in peace Kelsey.

[Coloradoan]

Picture by Adam Arthur, Flickr.