10 New Laws Go Into Effect Today in Colorado
Ten new laws go into effect today in Colorado. According to 7News, they include:
- Crimes against pregnant women: House Bill 1154 details how to punish people who harm pregnant women, resulting in the loss of a fetus.
- Help for Seniors: Starting Monday, Colorado tax payers will spend more on a fund to help the elderly with things like nutrition, transportation and legal services.
- Marijuana safety: The state Department of Revenue, which will oversee pot regulation, must release detailed regulations on how the drug is grown and sold.
- Magazine limits: A law limits most gun ammunition magazines to 15 rounds.
- Renewable energy: A new law requires rural electricity co-ops to double the amount of electricity they get from renewable sources by 2020.